Home Standby Generators
Provide Backup Power for Emergencies
Home generators provide power for essential appliances and equipment.
Rolling blackouts, power failures, or downed lines can occur at any time. For many this can be an emergency situation. Even localized problems in your own neighborhood electrical grid can mean an unexpected, critical power loss.
Don’t get caught unprepared. Stay connected!
From routine utility maintenance, to ever more commonplace natural disasters, power interruptions are becoming more frequent. Critical electrical power can be lost without warning. These days, it’s not a matter of if, but when.
A permanently mounted backup generator that is connected to your electrical panel can quickly re-energize, essential, pre-selected circuits and help keep your family safe.
Did you know…
- Generators run on the readily available natural gas or propane already supplied to your home.
- A system as small as 8000 watts can easily power your essential circuits.
- Most homes have a readily accessible main panel (breaker panel) where the transfer switch can be installed.
- The home emergency power generator is usually located outdoors, like an A/C compressor or heat pump. In fact it’s comparable in size to these appliances. (Local city and county ordinances may affect the placement of your generator)
- The emergency generator is self-starting upon power loss, and goes into self-shutdown upon restoration of the utility-supplied power. And many models are self-testing.
- In many cases you may select which circuits you want backed up with emergency or standby power.**
- The noise level of a running emergency generator is comparable to a car idling.
Some typical essential circuits and/or devices are:
- Lighting Circuits
- Sump pump, well pump
- Kitchen circuits, appliances
- Medical Equipment
- Furnace and thermostat
- Garage Door Opener
Among the most immediate concerns:
- Kitchen Appliances
- Communication (Internet, TV, Phones and Chargers)
We recommend Generac/Guardian Emergency Generators
- An Industry Leader. Worldwide name recognition and established reputation
- Unique Load-Shed technology (on larger models) Selects and balances circuitry to be energized automatically, based on demand
- Generac makes one product – generators
- One of the top manufacturer’s warranties in the industry
**Circuits controlled from sub-panels elsewhere inside the home may not be as readily accessible.